Oliver Visitor Center
6431 Station Street, Oliver, BC, Canada
For a detailed list of events, concerts, festivals and other exciting things happening in Oliver right now click here!
There’s Something Special Going On… We’ve got lots of them. Take one to savour a new favourite wine on a sun-soaked patio; another to learn a new art form. Stare into the distance as the perfect swing sends your golf ball to the green, or breathe crisp winter air atop a snowy mountain trail.
Oliver, BC, is one of the warmest destinations in all of Canada and is well known for its award winning wineries, cideries, distilleries, fruit orchards, organic gardens, breathtaking views, abundant bass fishing, golfing, hiking /biking trails, bird watching, sandy beaches, festivals, events, vibrant arts community, outstanding Parks & Recreation Society, enthusiastic curling community, heritage and small town hospitality!
Oliver’s landscape is dotted with treeless rock escarpments, silver sagebrush and cacti. Some of the history of the Oliver area has been very well documented, recorded and preserved and may be found in the archives, the museum, and at sites around the South Okanagan. Some is limited to impressions left in the ground, and to tales of ghost towns, but all is to be re-discovered by visitors and new-comers.
Like a good recipe, Oliver lets you play with the best of its ingredients to create the perfect stay in the Wine Capital of Canada. Take a dash of the outdoors, a measure of culture, combine with creativity and top with fresh fruit and air…perfection. Each season in Oliver has its own flavour, you’ll want to try them all.
Enjoy a winter walk, or ice fishing on Vaseux Lake, and once the muscles tire, area wineries will tempt your palate with winter in wine country, from traditional mulled cider to a rosé revolution.
In the warmer months, mix your love of the outdoors with a hike, bike or marathon. We’ve even got one race that combines your run with wine. Be prepared to brag when you finish.
And if that’s not enough to impress your friends, a plethora of fishing holes — some of the best bass spots in the world — will surely help you craft and cultivate a good “one that got away” story.
It’s your Oliver moment. Savour it.
There are 9 RV campgrounds in the Oliver area click here for a full list.
- Festivals, Festivals, & more Festivals……Festival of the Grape, Half Corked Marathon, Freak’N Farmer, PIG OUT, Sunshine Festival, Rose Revolution…
- Take a Hike, Ride a Bike! Oliver’s 18.8 KM Hike & Bike Trail (KVR Trail), McIntyre Bluff, Stamp Mill Golden Mile, Oliver Mountain…
- Bass & Trout Fishing
- Exploring Canada’s Desert
- Okanagan River Fall Salmon Run
- Pause on a winter hike and listen to the snow fall
- Million dollar views without the superficial crowds
- Bird Watching – view some of the rarer species including bats in the area
- Spectacular fruit and beautiful blossoms from the Apricot, Cherry & Peach Trees.
- Did we mention wine?