Tourism businesses throughout the Thompson Okanagan region are committed to sustainable tourism through a variety of business practices. Visitors to our region can be confident that they are travelling with less impact when they choose businesses who have undertaken the green tourism certification program.
Green Tourism Sustainability Certification
Green Tourism has been recognized as the world’s largest and most credible sustainability certification program for the tourism industry.
You can feel confident knowing that when you stay with or visit a Green Tourism Certified business, they have undertaken a rigorous assessment process based on international standards for sustainable tourism.
Green Tourism’s assessors spend several hours with each business, measuring their performance based on a robust set of criteria that covers the social, cultural, environmental and business practices of a tourism operator. Once graded, if a minimum score is attained, businesses receive a Bronze, Silver or Gold award.
Tourism businesses that seek this certification show a strong commitment to sustainable tourism and drive to make the world a better place.
Travelers can enjoy a more environmentally, culturally and socially responsible visit by supporting these businesses that have gone above and beyond to measure and improve their sustainability performance.
Green Tourism Members in the Thompson Okanagan
- Andrew Peller Ltd – Kelowna, BC (Silver)
- A View to Remember Bed and Breakfast – West Kelowna, BC (Silver)
- Barefoot Beach Resort – Penticton, BC (Silver)
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel and Suites – Kelowna, BC (Gold)
- Black Hills Estate Winery – Oliver, BC (Bronze)
- Burrowing Owl Estate Winery – Osoyoos, BC (Gold)
- Dirty Laundry Vineyard – Summerland, BC (Bronze)
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa – Clinton, BC (Gold)
- Ecosummer Expeditions – Clearwater (Silver)
- Holy Smoke Inn B&B – Blue River, BC (Awaiting Grading)
- Kelly O’Bryan’s Neighborhood Restaurant – Kelowna, BC (Bronze)
- Kelowna Inn and Suites – Kelowna, BC (Silver)
- Little Straw Vineyards – West Kelowna, BC (Bronze)
- Maple Leaf Spirits – Naramata, BC (Silver)
- Mission Park Inn – Kelowna, BC (Bronze)
- Ogopogo Valley Tours – Penticton, BC (Awaiting Grading)
- Oliver Twist Estate Winery – Oliver, BC (Bronze)
- Planet Bee Honey Farm & Honeymoon Meadery – Vernon, BC (Silver)
- Quail’s Gate Estate Winery – West Kelowna, BC (Awaiting Grading)
- Red Rooster Winery – Penticton, BC (Awaiting Grading)
- Saxon Estate Winery – Summerland, BC (Bronze)
- Siesta Suites – Kelowna, BC (Bronze)
- Sonseekers Ridge Golf – Salmon Arm, BC (Bronze)
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery – Kelowna, BC (Gold)
- Terracana Ranch Resort – Valemount, BC (Bronze)
- The Lakeside Resort – Oliver, BC (Silver)
- Thompson Okanagan Visitor Centre – Peachland, BC (Bronze)
- Tourism Kamloops – Kamloops, BC (Silver)
- Watermark Beach Resort – Osoyoos, BC (Silver)
- Wood Lake RV Park and Marina – Lake Country, BC (Bronze)
Thompson Okanagan Connector Visitor Centre – Bronze Certified
The Thompson Okanagan Connector Visitor Centre is located at the gateway to the Thompson Okanagan, on the Okanagan Connector, Highway 97C. We have a magnificent view of Okanagan Lake and a friendly rest area with plenty of daytime RV and bus parking. This Centre is the first stop after Merritt, a decision making setting for travellers visiting our region. The visitor centre is the first in the region to have undertaken the program for green practices and has recently been award a bronze certification.
To search all Green Tourism Certified businesses in Canada, visit www.greentourismcanada.ca/green-network/
For tourism businesses interested in learning more about becoming a Green Tourism member visit www.greentourismcanada.ca.
Watch Our Videos
Review the following businesses that have been featured on Global Okanagan newscasts as part of their Travel with Less impact series.