When your spirit needs a reprieve from big city hustle, plan a road trip to the beautiful and welcoming Armstrong Spallumcheen area. The city of Armstrong has many surprising activities and exciting opportunities for anyone seeking a simpler way of life surrounded by friendly neighbours and a community that celebrates local business.
A haven for foodies, Armstrong has delicious offerings to compliment your next party. Serve your guests delectable local cheeses from one of three cheese makers, smooth Swiss chocolate or a special appetizer created by you with local ingredients. You can also find yourself locally made wine and cider.
Activities for youth are abundant in Armstrong. Every May, local school children perform the Maypole Dance as part of the Farmer’s Market, the oldest market in the North Okanagan. Lacrosse is a favourite local sport, as is roller skating in one the few existing roller rinks in BC. The community also offers a skateboard park and an outdoor pool which children can enjoy while their parents enjoy events such as Music in the Park. Armstrong is also home to the only indoor BMX track in the interior, open November – April.
With a shift to young farmers taking over local farms, the area’s farm to table philosophy is spreading. With rural properties available, the opportunity to make an adventurous life change awaits! Perhaps you’ve dreamed of owning a B&B or hobby farm!
Perfectly positioned as ‘rural meets urban’, Armstrong has several amenities including healthcare, schools and shopping. A short drive from the Shuswap at the top of the Okanagan Valley, Armstrong is a great place for a daytrip. Stop by for a visit – you might end up staying longer!
For Information on Current Events and Things to Do in Armstrong, click here.
Armstrong Visitor Centre
3550 Bridge Street,
Armstrong BC V0E 1B1
Yes – Kin Rv
- Take in award winning theatre performances by Caravan Farm Theatre or Asparagus Community Theatre
- Shop local! Everything from antiques to the Farmers Market
- Check out BC’s first Barn Quilt Trail – great driving or cycling route
- Take a hike! Experience Rose Swanson Mountain for breathtaking views or walk the Thomas Hayes Ecological Trail.
- Enjoy live music in Memorial Park every Friday at Valley First Music in the Park June – August
- Fore! Visit the Royal York Golf Club or Spallumcheen Golf & Country Club for a round or two.
- Check out our many festival and community events year round including: Countdown to Canada Day, Harvest Pumpkin Festival, Cheese…It’s A Natural, Festival of Trees and the Interior Provincial Exihibition.
- Eat your heart out! Fresh asparagus, artisianal cheeses, wine, handmade chocolate and organic grains are just a few of the offerings, along with some wonderful restaurants and cafes!
- Cheer on althletes year around at games and tournaments we host including lacrosse, hockey and equestrian competitions
- Experience local history at the Armstrong Spallumcheen Museum & Art Gallery or the Historic O’Keefe Ranch.