Summerland is where the Okanagan locals go to get away from it all. It’s where orchards meet vineyards in a profusion of colour. Where you can play 18 holes of golf in the morning and picnic at the volcanic peak of Giant’s Head Mountain in the afternoon. Where you can explore the past on a historic steam train, sample award-winning wines or laze about on sun-drenched beaches.
With accommodation that offers breathtaking views of Okanagan Lake and luscious green valleys, a charming downtown and restaurants founded on a farm to table philosophy, Summerland offers every traveler a unique holiday. Filled with history and culture, stunning wilderness trails for hiking and biking, boutiques and a beautiful section of the Trans Canada Trail, the iconic Summerland landscape is the perfect backdrop for an authentic Okanagan experience.
3-13 Spring Wine Festival
4 & 5- Blossom Pageant
13- Kettle Valley Steam Railway Mother’s Day Train
17-21 Meadowlark Nature Festival
19 – Giants Head Grind- Christopher Walker Memorial Race
19-June 25 Kettle Valley Steam Railway Spring Schedule
June – September
Rotary Summerland Sunday Market
1-3 – Action Festival
2 – Giants Head Run
3 – Kids Fishing Derby
3 & 17 Great Train Robbery & BBQ with Kettle Valley Steam Railway
9 Grand Sommelier Express
8-10- Summerland Bluegrass Festival
23- Summerland Sweets Annual Pancake Breakfast
23- Agur Lake Camp Train with the Kettle Valley Steam Railway
25-27 – Giants Head Freeride Longboarding Competition
28- September 3rd Kettle Valley Steam Railway Summer Schedule
1st – Canada Day
1, 15 & 29 Great Train Robbery & BBQ with Kettle Valley Steam Railway
4,11,18,25 Music in Memorial Park
8th – Gran Fondo Axel Merckx Bike Race
1,8,15,22,29 – Music in Memorial Park
4-6 – Ultra520k Canada
5 & 19 – Great Train Robbery & BBQ with the Kettle Valley Steam Railway
10-12 Summerland Yacht Club Giants Head Regatta
18 Summerland Yacht Club The Great Ogopogo Bathtub Race
29- September 2 – The Ryga Festival
2, 16 & 23 – Great Train Robbery & BBQ with the Kettle Valley Steam Railway
2 – Summerland ORCA Sprint & Kids of Steel Triathlon
7 & 8- Summerland Fall Fair
7-9- Skaha Lake Kennel Club All Breed Show
8 – October 8 Kettle Valley Steam Railway Fall Schedule
8 – 13th Annual Apple Valley Cruisers Endless Summer Show and Shine
16- Terry Fox Run
16- Test of Humanity Mountain Bike Event
28- October 8 – South Okanagan Fall Wine Festival
26 & 27 Kettle Valley Terror Train
17 -24 & 25 8th Annual Bottleneck Drive Light Up the Vines
30 31st Annual Summerland Festival of Lights
30 – December 23rd Seasons Sparkles – 12 Gifts of Christmas
13-17, 20-23 – Summerland Christmas Express with Kettle Valley Steam Railway
Summerland Visitor Centre
15600 Highway 97
PO Box 130 V0H 1Z0
Summerland British Columbia, CA
Dickinson Family Farm │17208 Bentley Rd │250-494-0300 │ dickinsonfamilyfarm.com
Hoofbeat Ranch RV│ 9114 Hoofbeat St │250-404-0549
Peach Orchard Campground│6321 Peach Orchard Rd │250-494-9649 │peachorchard.ca
Okanagan Provincial Park (North & South Campgrounds) │11km North of Summerland
Wildhorse Mountain Ranch│25808 Wildhorse Rd│250-404-0506│wildhorsemountainranch.com
- Kettle Valley Steam Railway – Take a ride back through time on the historic Kettle Valley Steam Railway, enjoying the spectacular views along the way. There are many different themed rides to choose from, including the Great Train Robbery, Terror Train and Christmas Train. Book early as these sell out fast!
- Giant’s Head Mountain – Challenge yourself or a friend to a hike to the top of Giant’s Head Mountain, taking in the gorgeous views as your reward!
- Downtown Summerland – Visit our charming downtown and enjoy a day perusing our shops, dining at restaurants that source local food and sipping locally roasted coffee in one of our coffee shops.
- Summerland Sweets – Pick up a copy of the Summerland Visitor Guide, clip a coupon found inside, & reap the rewards with an ice cream cone at Summerland Sweets!
- Summerland Ornamental Gardens – Pack a picnic & take the family up to Summerland’s Ornamental Gardens for a scenic & peaceful lunch spot.
- Dickinson Family Farm – Take a farm tour and snap a selfie with the world’s tallest tripod orchard ladder. While you are there pick some delicious fruit!
- Nixdorf Classic Cars – Perfect for the vintage car lover, this museum has over 80 cars and a restoration shop to visit.
- Trout Hatchery – Visit the hatchery & learn the life cycle of a fish & what lakes they get released into. They have fish that are almost 6 years old there!
- Golf – Putt around one of the two golf courses in Summerland; if you want to do a round of 9 or 18 you can find a course to suit your needs and skill level.
- Local Flavours – Enjoy a glass of wine on the patio at one of Summerland’s renowned wineries & cideries & brewery