If you’ve never ventured off Route 97 when travelling through the North Okanagan, make a turn in the right direction and visit this family-friendly community. Vernon offers more than 100 lakes within a one-hour drive, world-class golf, mountain and wellness resorts, great beaches and trails, outstanding mountain biking, spectacular farmers’ markets, and family-friendly attractions and festivals.Think of Vernon as the hub of a wheel and take day trips in any direction. Each day can be different. Head North for great driving circle routes perfect for sport cars and motorcycles; Go East through the scenic Coldstream valley to visit a wild tea plantation. Travel South for a wine tour at three nearby wineries; Head West to Fintry Provincial Park and its historic buildings and beautiful waterfalls.
Pick up fresh local fruit, veggies and baking at one of the 3 weekly farmers markets for your picnic, and head out to hike in nearby Kalamalka or Ellison Provincial Parks. Don’t forget your swim gear and mountain bikes! Visit the historic downtown for great shops and restaurants or take a tour of galleries, murals and the museum. Don’t forget to drop by Okanagan Spirits or Planet Bee Meadery for more local product!
Stay up to date with local and community events by checking out the website here.
3004 39th Ave, Vernon, BC V1T 3C3
There’s something magical about spending the night under the stars. The Vernon area has several camping and RV sites for you to enjoy. Look at options here.
- Davison Orchards and Country Village is the place to go for farm food and family fun. Check out the fresh baked goods, antique tractors, kids play area, and the Johnny Popper train tour.
- Okanagan Spirits and Craft Distillery has a beautiful tasting room complete with traditional copper stills. Taste the art of craft distilling.
- Planet Bee Honey Farm and Meadery is open year round. Learn, tour, taste, and shop to your heart’s content.
- Historic O’Keefe Ranch is a link to the past. Cowboy dinner shows, trail rides, a corn maze, pony rides, blacksmith classes, ghost tours, and there’s even a dog park.
- Kalamalka Lake is beautiful every day of the year. In summer it’s great for swimming and water sports, in Spring and Fall enjoy canoeing, cycling, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and in the Winter strap on your snowshoes and hit the trails.
- Okanagan Science Centre is great for days when you want something indoors that’s fun and educational.
- Allan Brooks Nature Centre brings nature-based activities to life in the Okanagan. See how you measure up to the wingspan of an eagle!
- Silver Star Provincial Park is picturesque in every season and is great for downhill and cross-country mountain bike riders – great hiking too! Silver Star Mountain and Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre are right next to the park for winter recreation fun!
- Vernon Heritage Mural Tour gives you a sense of history and days gone by. Take a guided tour or walk at your own pace.
- Atlantis Waterslides is a great place to cool down during the hot summer months. They have slides, tubes, a hot tub, private cabanas, a picnic area, and a concession stand.