Welcome to West Kelowna, a place where rural and sophistication meet in the Okanagan Valley.
Sitting on the edge of nature, West Kelowna, referred to as ‘the Westside’ by locals, is situated on the west side of Okanagan Lake. Here visitors can revel in charming farmgate operations, forested parks, hiking trails, orchards and vineyards, and spectacular vistas. Waterfront recreation along Gellatly Bay is perfect for strolling the waterfront walkway, building sandcastles or zipling into the sparkling waters off the historic ferry dock.
Discover rolling hills of orchards and vineyards and natural landscapes intertwined with friendly faces and warm welcomes. You will also find wineries, architecture, artisans, First Nation heritage and sculptures, culinary delights and familiar stores for convenient shopping. We invite you to get off the beaten path, take the road less travelled and discover our friendly charm and best kept secrets.
What is there to see and do around West Kelowna? Tour the thirteen wineries of the Westside Wine Trail with a new cider house and brewery opening in 2017. Visit the Westside Farm Loop for fresh produce. Take a self-guided tour through the century-old Gellatly Nut Farm or enjoy ‘Music in the Park’ each Friday night in the summer.
- Raven’s Nest RV | 3000 – 1920 Old Okanagan Highway | 250-317-1065 | http://ravensnestrv.ca/
- Lighthouse RV Park | 2150 Old Okanagan Highway | 250-768-7644
- West Eagle Campground | 2325 Old Okanagan Highway | 250-768-7426
West Kelowna/Visit Westside
- Swirl and sip your way along the Westside Wine Trail where you will find not only winery tasting rooms, but restaurants, spectacular views, outdoor music concerts, art showings and wine education events.
- Bring out the geologist in yourself with some volcanic explorations while hiking up Boucherie, our 60 million year old dormant volcano.
- Spend your Friday nights during July and August at Memorial Park where you can enjoy complimentary outdoor music concerts at the ‘Music in the Park’ Series.
- Savour local flavours along the Westside Farm Loop. Farm Fresh products are ready for your picking and tasting!
- Build a sandcastle along the sandy shores of Willow Beach or zipline into the sparkling waters of Lake Okanagan down at the Gellatly Bay
- Check out Westbank Centre for its collection of ethnic restaurants and Saturday’s Westbank Farmer’s Market. Pop over to Governor’s Landing for some Aboriginal fare, including bannock.
- Rip it up on the trails of the Smith Creek Gruelwith your mountain bike.
- Cross Country Ski by day or under the moon at Telemark Nordic Club.
- Another great way to unplug and reconnect with nature is with a leisurely stroll through the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park – a century old working nut farm and a Class A Heritage site.
- Discover the history of the area with a trip to the Westbank Museum or Westbank First Nation’s Sncəwips (sen-ch-wee-ps) Heritage Museum.