Enjoy the best of cowboy culture with rodeo events throughout Route 97. There’s no shortage of entertainment available with both roughstock and timed events, games for the kids, live music, and great food. In celebration of agriculture and country living, embrace the community spirit and experience a western weekend you’ll never forget.
Hosted during the first weekend of September, this rodeo has been around since 1950 and is the largest single event held in the North Thompson Valley every year.
Spend the May Long Weekend at one of Canada’s oldest Stampedes. Started in 1919 as a picnic to celebrate the end of the war, it is now a 3-day rodeo and is among the top 12 stampedes in Canada, with thousands in attendance every year.
Held during the first weekend in September each year the it’s a Nicola Valley tradition. Enjoy rodeo action, beer gardens, and browse through the vendors for a fun filled family weekend.
Enjoy Western Canada’s largest agricultural fair and pro rodeo tour during Labour Day Weekend.
The second week of August sees one of the largest and most respected rodeos in the Northwest come to life. In the heart of cattle country, numerous events take place including an Indian Encampment and Pow Wow, Rodeo Dance, Carnival, and the World Famous Suicide Race.
Rodeos Throughout Route 97
- Keremeos Elks Rodeo, Keremeos BC – May Long Weekend
- The Stan Thompson Memorial Rodeo, Princeton BC – Second Weekend in June
- Pritchard Rodeo, Pritchard BC – Second Weekend in July
- Colorama Festival, Grand Coulee WA – Mother’s Day Weekend
- Lake Chelan Rodeo, Lake Chelan WA – First Weekend of August
- Methow Valley Rodeo, Winthrop WA – Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend
- Tonasket Founders Day Rodeo, Tonasket WA – First Weekend of June